THE GUIDE TO CARING FOR VELVET SHOES
Velvet is deservedly considered to be one of the most capricious fabrics, especially when it is worn in the form of footwear. Despite a sense of sophisticated glamour and feminine elegance it can offer, there has always been a certain amount of skepticism towards its practicality. Nonetheless, with the right maintenance, such shoes can become the gem of your shoe collection.
• It`s always better to invest into a special protective spray if you want a luscious exterior of your velvet shoes stay intact and as good as new. It will protect your favourite pair not only from the rain, but also from dust, dirt and high humidity.
• If your shoes got wet, dry it as quickly as you can with an absorbent cloth, such as microfiber. Don`t rub the surface too intensively because you can damage a gentile texture of velvet.
• If there is a stain on your shoes and if it is simply dirt, let it air-dry and then brush it out with a dry and soft brush (unused toothbrush works great).
• If you have a large and bad stain (for instance, from food or drinks) to clean, it`s advisable to take them to a professional cleaner.
• Understandably, velvet loves to be pampered. So brush your pair gently every time you wear it in order to keep it smooth and well-maintained regardless of the fact whether there are any stains or not.
• When packing for a trip, make sure your shoes aren`t smashed up against something since it can create a ‘cowlick’ looking effect that is not that easy to improve.
Undeniably, such delicate material is pretty difficult to care for, but these velvet shoes are definitely worth to be part of your collection.