HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR ARTIFICIAL LEATHER SHOES
Artificial leather is no longer perceived as a cheap material, which was previously considered to be an alternative for those who cannot afford the real one. However, all owners of shoes from faux leather should remember that it cannot be treated the same way as genuine leather. Due to the development of cutting edge technology, faux leather can imitate the texture of genuine leather, have lasting durability and be breathable thanks to microperforation. One unquestionable advantage of synthetic leather is that it is more water resistant than genuine leather. Here is the list of recommendations which you should keep in mind before taking any action.
- Do not use nail polish remover to get rid of some spots or stains, because it is very invasive and aggressive to the coloring agents.
- Although your faux leather shoes might be claimed by a manufacturer to be washing-machine safe, such cleansing can cause harm to them and they will lose their original appearance.
- Clean you shoes by removing dirt with a mixture of soap and warm water applied with a soft bristled brush.
- Wipe them with a dry cloth using a circular motion.
- After cleaning, put them on a hanger and allow them to air dry.
- Under no circumstances should you place them in a dryer, because they can crack or melt.
- For the same reason, do not leave your shoes in direct sunlight while drying.
- Before wearing you artificial leather shoes again, let them dry thoroughly.
- If you want to buy some shoe care products, make sure that they are suitable for synthetic leather, because different materials need different care.
All in all, the quality of faux leather is rather high nowadays, so it is possible to keep such shoes looking good in the long run with minimal expense.