Despite almost 30 years of experience, we still consider ourselves a ‘startup’, as we never stop learning and developing.
Patrizia, what made you want to become a designer, and where did you study?
– I always had a passion for fashion, as a child of 6 I got my first sewing machine, and I’ve been sewing ever since, I found making cylindrical dresses was wonderful!
I went to a lot of schools, one of the most important for me was ‘Marangoni’ in Milan. I always worked to pay for my studies, which helped me keep an eye on creativity in my school world, and one on the more commercial world of opera.
You’ve created a wonderful collection of bags for BETSY. What was your inspiration for the collection?
– The inspiration for this collection was to create bags that become a women’s friend, very gritty but at the same time very chic, for a dynamic and contemporary woman who plays with contrasts; a rock soul and a romantic heart.
Please, tell us about the main trends you displayed in the new collection.
– BETSY’s capsule collection has been created with an attractive design following the diktats of the latest fashion trends while respecting the needs of the contemporary woman, who increasingly requires greater versatility of use.
In the collection, transversal styles have been created that are suitable for everyday life, or any occasion. The shapes alternate in lines that differ from each other in material, detail and workmanship.
Do you have your favourite bag from the new collection? If yes, which one and why?
– I love the shopper with rhinestones and studs made from vintage-looking material.
Our buyers are always interested in knowing more about our designers. In your opinion, what is your most important achievement in life?
– For me, the most important goal and value of my life is love. Love for my family, friends, people around me, who work with me.
Love gives you strength and courage to overcome obstacles, gives you the energy to work and create and makes you appreciate every single moment of life.